To keep your Amrita Singh Jewelry at their best, please give them occasional breaks and store neatly when not in use. Avoid contact with moisture and liquid cosmetics; this includes lotion, sunscreen, and perfume. Jewelry that are not solid gold should never be worn in the shower, the pool or the ocean. Also pack Jewelry carefully for travel, we recommend always storing them in your carry-on luggage. See below for more jewelry care tips from our designer, Amrita Singh:
- I apply makeup, hairspray, lotions and other cosmetics before putting on my jewelry.
- I take off my bracelets and rings before washing my hands, and always keep jewelry away from water and soap, as well as detergents and deodorants. Water is especially harmful for silk, so be sure to protect silk-threaded bangles against exposure to water.
- Little known jewelry fact: Perfume can cause discoloration on jewelry. Wait at least five minutes after applying perfume before you put on your jewelry.
- Be sure to take off all your jewelry before having your hair colored and before a workout. Sweat and water are both harmful for jewelry, so keep your jewelry dry to extend its lifetime.
- I store my jewelry away from the sun so the colors don’t fade over time.
- I store each piece individually in a velvet pouch or in plastic because these materials help protect against scratches.
- Laying jewelry directly on a hard surface might seem harmless, but keeping it on fabric or plastic will keep it from showing signs of wear.
- Smile because you look fabulous. (OK, maybe this doesn't actually extend the lifetime of your jewelry, but I think it helps!)